Friday 25 June 2010

Family Reunion to Metallica


Megadeth's David Ellefson comments on the Big Four of Thrash (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax) sharing the stage together and how it was a bit of a family reunion: "I've always got along well with them. I was never in Metallica so I like them. I think they're great. I've always liked them as guys, I thought they were cool, their band rocks, their records are great. They're just a ferocious live band," he tells Sonisphere.
"As far as the obvious with our whole band and all the bands, honestly, it's great. Metallica have risen to such huge success, it's very cool of them that they would move themselves off of their perch of iconic celebrity to just come back down to this scene of metal, which we've all created together. They've been able to move far away from this scene many years ago through the records they made and the songs that they wrote, which I always admired because most bands can't.
"All four of us have a very different sound even though we all came out of the same gene pool musically and to some degree we all kind of end up as a branch off the Metallica family tree. I mean Dave was in Metallica, I played with Dave, Kerry King played with Megadeth. We're all part of the Metallica fist in some shape or form. It's cool. It's sort of like a family reunion, which is very healthy and a lot of fun."

No comments: