Wednesday 7 July 2010

Metallica: Ulrich Delighted With Movie Debut


METALLICA star LARS ULRICH jumped at the opportunity to make his acting debut in new movie GET HIM TO THE GREEK - because he relished the challenge of relinquishing "control" on the movie set.
The Danish drummer stepped up to play himself in the new comedy alongside Russell Brand, Jonah Hill and Sean 'Diddy' Combs.
Ulrich admits acting in a film was a completely alien experience, but he enjoying being bossed around by the director.
He tells the Sonisphere festival web site, "I got a call from manager (sic) saying that the people who made Forgetting Sarah Marshall were making a new movie with some of the same people and they asked if I would be interested in playing myself. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is really one of my favourite movies from the last couple of years. I thought it was actually well written, actually well directed and the gang involved in it are all great people so I thought it would be interesting to be part of that...
"So I flew down to L.A. and did as I was told for two days. It's always fun to go into other areas and worlds that are unknown. The world of Metallica and the world of music we know so well and we control all the elements of it. You walk onto a movie set, you have to do as you're told and do it with a smile and just play along. It's fun to forfeit control and just be part of a ride like that."

No comments: